Okay, let’s set some rules for this mix and try to get a better idea of what we are going for.
- No math rock
- No happy music
- Feelings of loneliness (with a shred of hope)
- To be listened to by no more than two or three people at a time.
- No acoustic guitars (except Benoit Pioulard)
- Create a visual of a small house at the edge of a cliff on the northwestern coast overlooking the ocean
- This is a winter mix
- Songs with the words “ice”, “snow”, or “cold” in the titles or lyrics are extra effective.
Let’s do this,
The problem here is that your viewing this from the perspective of a status quo that is basically designed to exploit and disempower workers. Something like flipping burgers is a necessary function in society and it’s an immensely profitable industry, yet it pays slave wages. And we are taught to accept this because somehow flipping burgers isn’t prestigious enough for someone to make a living wage doing it.
When our attitude is, “People who flip burgers don’t need to be able to afford to live,” I think our attitude is shit.
Having a basement to throw shows in is definitely one of the best things in the world. Come hang out!
DEC 11: Gifts // Mike Bell & The Movies // Pachangacha // Park And Portland
DEC 30: Foxing // Paste // +2 TBA
JAN 2: Arrows In Her // Marietta // Sundials // State Lines
JAN 9: Living Room // Warped Forest // Cherry Cola Champions // Nashoba
JAN 11: Pinegrove/Tawny Peaks/Poverty Hollow/Toasted Plastic
JAN 25: Au Revoir Vinyl Release Show
"Dad what was your generation’s music like?"
"Well son, it’s just better that i show you"
*wheels 2 massive cabinets into the room*
*blasts merzbow at the loudest volume*
Trailer  for Her
Can’t wait for this..
I actually would be really interested in seeing this also.